Can a landlord reject me because I have a pet?
Question & AnswerCan a landlord reject me because I have a pet?
Be a responsible pet owner
You can avoid problems with your landlord and other tenants if you take proper care of your pet. You should always:
- pick up pet droppings
- keep your pet's living areas clean
- keep your pet from damaging the apartment
- keep your pet from making unnecessary noise
- train your pet to have good behavior
- make sure your pet is not dangerous to others
- keep your pet on a leash in common areas
- fix any damage that your pet caused in your home, like stains, chew marks, or holes