Will ODSP help pay for costs related to my health?
Question & AnswerWill ODSP help pay for costs related to my health?
1. Ask ODSP to pay for your healthcare costs
The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) has many ways to help pay for costs you have because of your health.
But there are rules about:
- what they'll pay for
- what you need to do to get help
An ODSP worker can tell you more about these rules and what you need to do.
For example, you might need to:
- get an application form from ODSP
- have a health professional fill out an ODSP form
- get estimates to show how much something costs
- get ODSP to agree to pay for something before you buy it
- show receipts to ODSP to prove how much you paid
Applying for other help
You might have to try to get money from somewhere else if:
- ODSP won't pay for what you need
- ODSP will pay for part of it, if you can get other help
- ODSP will help you only if you show that you tried to get the money somewhere else
For example, you might need to apply to get help from:
- Diabetes Canada’s Ontario Monitoring for Health Program for diabetic supplies
- Ontario's Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for drugs that ODSP won't pay for
- Ontario's Assistive Devices Program
Your ODSP worker should tell you about programs that you can apply to.
If ODSP won’t pay
There may be things you can do if ODSP says they won't pay the costs that you asked them to help you with. See Step 2.