I gave my ODSP appeal form to the Social Benefits Tribunal. Now what?
Question & AnswerI gave my ODSP appeal form to the Social Benefits Tribunal. Now what?
1. Get a Notice of Hearing from the SBT
The (SBT) sends a Notice of Hearing to you and the office that made the decision you're appealing.
The office they send it to will be:
- the , if you're appealing a decision that you're not a person with a disability
- your local Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) office, if your appeal is about anything else, such as whether you qualify financially
The SBT should send out the Notice of Hearing:
- within 60 days of getting your Appeal Form, and
- at least 30 days before the date of the hearing.
The Notice gives the time and date of the hearing, which could be several months from when the SBT got your Appeal Form.