How do I apply for Old Age Security?

2. Fill out the application for Old Age Security

Some people get a letter from Service Canada saying that they're eligible for and will start getting it when they turn 65. If you didn't get a letter and think you're eligible, you can fill out an application form.

You can get the application online or by calling Service Canada at 1-800-277-9914. You may also be able to get one from a Service Canada office.

Or, you can apply online if you have a My Service Canada Account (MSCA). If you don't have an MSCA account, you can register for one. You'll receive a personal access code to complete your registration.

The government has a guide that can help you fill out your application.

When you've completed the application, mail it to Service Canada. Use the address that's on your application form or you can find the address online.

Hide this website