I have a problem with my child tax benefits. Where can I get help?
Question & AnswerI have a problem with my child tax benefits. Where can I get help?
3. Meet with a lawyer or legal worker
A lawyer or legal worker at a community legal clinic may be able to:
- help you understand what the rules are about getting the Canada child benefit (CCB)
- explain your legal rights and responsibilities
- help you solve a problem by talking to the government for you
- let you know how long it might take if you have to appeal a decision about CCB benefits
When you talk to a lawyer or legal worker, it’s important to show them any documents that relate to your problem, including letters about your CCB application.