Can I get spousal support and money from ODSP?

5. Get legal help if you need it

You might need to get legal help to get or if you have a problem with the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).

Help getting spousal support

You may want to start by getting more information.

There's a Family Law Information Centre (FLIC) in every courthouse that deals with family law.

All FLICs have free pamphlets. Many FLICs have staff who can give you information and refer you to community agencies and legal services.

And advice lawyers from Legal Aid Ontario are at FLICs at certain times to answer questions, give legal advice, and review legal documents. Contact your local FLIC to find out when a lawyer will be there.

There are many other services to help people who can't afford a lawyer and need help with a family law problem.

Read more about services you might be able to use in I can’t afford a lawyer. Where else can I find legal help?

Help if you have a problem with ODSP

If you have a problem with ODSP, you may want to get help to understand your rights and act on them.

And if you disagree with a decision that ODSP makes, it's important to get help as soon as possible.

There may be things you can do. For example, you may be able to to the .

And if ODSP says that you have to pay back assistance and you don't agree, you may want to contact a community legal clinic.

Hide this website