What life changes might affect my child benefit payments from the CRA?
Question & AnswerWhat life changes might affect my child benefit payments from the CRA?
Learn about reporting other changes
There are other types of changes that you must tell the (CRA) about. These include when:
- you, your child’s other parent, or your child has a legal name change
- your child has a new disability
- your living situation changes, for example, there are changes to how you handle
- your child stops living with you
- your changes
- your spouse or partner leaves Canada or moves to Canada
Moving to Canada
If your partner is immigrating to Canada, they must give the CRA their:
- date of birth
- the date they moved to Canada
- a statement of their income