How do I change a claim I filed with the Small Claims online service?

1. Figure out if you can amend your claim

Changing your claim is called amending. You can use the e-filing service to amend a claim you've filed online only if you haven't served it on the .

If you've already served the defendant, or if you've filed your claim at the courthouse in person using a paper form, you may be able to amend your claim in person at the courthouse using paper forms.

There is no fee to amend your claim.

Your amended claim must be:

  • served on all defendants, including any defendants that were noted in default, and
  • filed and served at least 30 days before the original trial date, unless all parties consent or you have permission from the court or a clerk's order for a shorter amount of time.
Hide this website