4. File your documents with the court

How do I change a claim I filed with the Small Claims Court online service?
This question has an answer and 4 steps

4. File your documents with the court

After you serve the defendant, you must file printed copies of your documents at the court. This includes:

  • amended Plaintiff's Claim
  • all supporting documents
  • Affidavits of Service

Or, you can file your Affidavit of Service online. To do this:

  1. Log in to your ONe-key account.
  2. Click Next steps. Step 2 – Serve defendants will be highlighted at the top of the page.
  3. Click Upload and file affidavit.
  4. Click the box beside the name of the defendant you served.
  5. Upload the scanned copy of the Affidavit of Service. Also upload any supporting documents like receipts from registered mail or couriers.
  6. Enter the date the defendant was served. Confirm that their contact information is correct. Click Review information before submitting.
  7. Check that all of the details are right, and then click Submit.

The defendant has 20 days after you serve them to respond by filling out a Defence.

You May Also Need

Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Parlez Français