5. Get your default judgment

If the court approves the default judgment, they send a copy of the order to the . But the defendant may not pay you even if you have a court order.

If the defendant refuses to pay you, or says they haven't got the money, there are things you can do to get what you're owed. This is called enforcing the judgment.

You can also read After Judgment – Guide to Getting Results on the Ministry of the Attorney General website to learn more about how you can collect the money you're owed.

Hide this website