Updated information on family law
- new and revised family law court forms
- a more detailed best interests of the child test
- a new definition of family violence that includes psychological and financial abuse
- replacing the terms custody and access with decision-making responsibility and parenting time
- requiring partners to think about using an alternative dispute resolution process or family dispute resolution process to resolve their issues out of court
- requiring a parent to give notice before relocating with their child where there is a court order about parenting
This month’s On the Radar will have more information about the changes.