Guided Pathway for applying for an open work permit
CLEO’s Guided Pathway for applying for an open work permit can help you fill out the draft forms you need to apply for an open work permit from within Canada. An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada. You may only be eligible for an open work permit under specific circumstances. The pathways will ask you about these.
You can use the pathways to:
- complete a draft of the IMM 5710 E: Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker
- complete drafts of other documents you may need as part of your work permit application:
- IMM 5409 E: Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
- IMM 5476 E: Use of a Representative Form
- IMM 5475 E: Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual
Then you can enter the information from your draft application and documents into Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) online forms. IRCC requires you to submit your work permit application online (with a few exceptions).
The Guided Pathways ask you a series of questions about your situation, give you information to help answer them, and create documents based on your answers.
|You can use this pathway if:||What you need to get started:|
Any personal information that you enter into the pathways is confidential. CLEO will not give your personal information to anyone unless you ask us to do this.
If you need technical help using the Guided Pathways, or have questions contact email@example.com.
CLEO’s Guided Pathways don’t give you legal advice. For advice about your situation, talk to a lawyer.