I don’t have status in Canada and need a doctor. What should I do?

If it's a medical emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department. All hospitals and healthcare providers in Ontario, including walk-in clinics, must provide medically-necessary services to everyone. People who don't have health insurance must be given the same priority as those who have insurance. Your immigration status doesn't matter.

If treatment for your health condition is not medically necessary right now but you still need to see a doctor, you can call your local Community Health Centre (CHCs). CHCs will serve people even if they don't have status in Canada. Most CHCs serve specific areas in Ontario. Other CHCs serve particular populations, such as youth, French speakers, Aboriginal people, or racialized women. You can find a list of CHCs here.

People living with HIV can call 437-235-7423 to reach the Blue Door Clinic at Regent Park Community Health Centre.

Ontario also has medical clinics that serve people who don't have health insurance. If treating your health concern is not medically necessary at this time, you can go to one of the following clinics, free of charge:

Hide this website