2. Give your forms to the FRO

Find services

Family Law - Child support

Was this information helpful?

Tell us why or why not

By submitting this form, you accept the Privacy statement.

I haven't paid child support. How do I get a refraining order?
This question has an answer and 5 steps

2. Give your forms to the FRO

You must serve the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) at least four days before your motion date. If you have less than four days, make sure you serve them as soon as possible.

This means you have to give a copy of your documents to the FRO so that they know about your court date and the evidence you will be using at court. There is a guide on how to serve documents.

You can do this by fax, mail, or delivery:

Fax: 416-240-2402

Mail or delivery:

Legal Services Branch
Family Responsibility Office
Ministry of Community and Social Services
1201 Wilson Avenue
Building B, 7th Floor
Downsview ON M3M 1J8

After you serve your forms on the FRO, you must fill out a Form 6B: Affidavit of Service. This form tells the court that you gave the FRO a copy of your documents. It must be filed with the court. There is a guide on how to file documents.

An Affidavit must be sworn or affirmed. This means you are promising that the information in the document is true. It is against the law to not tell the truth when you swear or affirm your Affidavit.

You May Also Need

Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Parlez Français