Will peace bonds appear on my criminal record?
Question & AnswerWill peace bonds appear on my criminal record?
3. Understand how vulnerable sector checks work
A appears on a vulnerable sector record check for as long as it is in effect.
A vulnerable record sector check is required for jobs and volunteering with children, older people, and others who may be vulnerable.
The law says who is a vulnerable person. For example, people are vulnerable if, because they're younger or older or have a disability, they:
- depend on other people, such as caregivers
- are at a greater risk of being harmed by someone they trust or someone who has authority over them, like a sports coach
The following types of roles require a vulnerable sector check:
- social workers
- taxi drivers
- daycare workers
- adoptive parents
- sport coaches
A vulnerable record sector check can include all of the information that's in a criminal record and judicial matters check.
It can also include information if you were charged with a crime and were found to be not criminally responsible because you had a mental disorder. But this information can't be included if:
- the finding was more than 5 years ago, or
- you got an .
A vulnerable sector record check can include what's called “non-conviction” information. This means information about certain crimes, even if you were charged but not .
This information can be included only if:
- the law says that non-conviction information can be given about this crime, for example, crimes that are sexual assaults
- the person you were accused of hurting was a child or a vulnerable person
- there are to believe that you have what the law calls a “pattern of predatory behavior”, which shows that there's a risk you might harm a child or vulnerable person