I have a union at work. How does this affect my rights as a worker?
Question & AnswerI have a union at work. How does this affect my rights as a worker?
3. Learn what’s in your collective agreement
The representative should give you a copy of the .
It’s important to know what your collective agreement says about:
- your working conditions, like , hours of work, and overtime pay
- what to do if your employer does not follow the agreement
Collective agreements can be complicated and hard to understand. If you need help understanding the agreement, ask your union representative.
If your union representative can’t help you, contact your union office:
- to get a copy of the collective agreement
- for help understanding the agreement
If you can’t find out from your union representative how to contact your union office, you might need to ask a co-worker who’s worked there longer and might be able to help.