What is an assessment? Why would I want one?
Question & AnswerWhat is an assessment? Why would I want one?
2. Fill out the intake forms
Within 14 days of the judge's order requesting the (OCL) involvement, you and your partner must fill out the intake form explaining why you want the OCL appointed.
Here are some tips to help the OCL review your case and make a decision faster:
- Make sure you answer all the questions on the intake form.
- If a question does not apply to your case, write “n/a” (“not applicable”).
- If you are completing the form by hand, use a black or blue pen and print or write clearly.
- Keep your answers short. Try to use only the space provided in the form.
- Sign all of the consent forms to allow the OCL to get police and children's aid society records.
- Send in the form as soon as possible.
- Make sure you include an address and phone number where you can be reached. The OCL will contact you if they need more information.