3. Learn if you can qualify without getting proof
Question & AnswerCan I get disability benefits?
Some people can get from the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) without proving that they meet the ODSP definition of a “person with a disability”.
And this means they don't have to complete the .
For example, this might apply to you if you're in one of the following groups:
- you get disability benefits from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP-D) or the Québec Pension Plan
- you're over 65 years old but are not eligible for Old Age Security
- you get services or support because you have a developmental disability, whether you:
- own or rent a home
- live in a group home
- live in housing where you get support
- you're getting payments from the Mercury Disability Board because your health was affected by mercury poisoning in the English and Wabigoon river systems
- you used to get Family Benefits and were transferred to ODSP
There are also special rules that apply if you:
- used to get ODSP income support
- stopped getting it
- need to get it again