Can I get disability benefits?
Question & AnswerCan I get disability benefits?
3. Learn if you can qualify without getting proof
Some people can get from the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) without proving that they meet the ODSP definition of a “person with a disability”.
And this means they don't have to complete the .
For example, this might apply to you if you're in one of the following groups:
- you get disability benefits from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP-D) or the Québec Pension Plan
- you're over 65 years old but are not eligible for Old Age Security
- you get services or support because you have a developmental disability, whether you:
- own or rent a home
- live in a group home
- live in housing where you get support
- you're getting payments from the Mercury Disability Board because your health was affected by mercury poisoning in the English and Wabigoon river systems
- you used to get Family Benefits and were transferred to ODSP
There are also special rules that apply if you:
- used to get ODSP income support
- stopped getting it
- need to get it again