What life changes might affect my child benefit payments from the CRA?

You should tell the (CRA) if:

  • you get married or divorced
  • you've been separated for more than 90 days
  • your address or contact information changes
  • your living situation changes, for example, your spouse moves away, you start to share custody, or your arrangement changes
  • your child becomes disabled
  • your child dies

The CRA also needs to know if a child's parent dies and that parent was getting the Canada child benefit (CCB).

Changes to contact information

If your address or contact information changes, this won't affect your CCB payments.

But if you don't give the CRA your new contact information and they can't reach you, this could affect your payments.

Contacting the CRA

You can update most of information by:

  • using the My Account service on the CRA website
  • calling the CRA at 1-800-387-1193
Hide this website