Can I make a plea bargain?
Question & AnswerCan I make a plea bargain?
2. Prepare for discussions about your sentence
By entering a you're:
- giving up your right to a
- not asking the Crown to prove the charges against you
- saving the court time and money
- showing remorse
Mention these points and use them to negotiate the best deal possible for yourself.
Also bring documents that show things you've done to address your behaviour such as:
- counselling or therapy you have participated in
- payments you have made
- community service hours you have completed
Make sure the plea bargain you agree to shows that the Crown considered these in your case. These are factors that could result in a lighter .