Can I transfer my case to another court?

2. Undertaking to plead guilty

If you're asking for your charges to be transferred and you want to , the Crown will consider whether there is any reason not to.

They will also give you a document to sign. This document says you will plead guilty to the charges once they have been transferred. The document is called an “undertaking to plead guilty”.

Usually, once you've signed the undertaking, the Crown gives permission for your charges to be transferred to the other location. They also complete the necessary paperwork.

If you withdraw your undertaking to plead guilty after the charge has been transferred, the Crown will send your charges back to the court they came from.

Hide this website