3. Call a clinic

Here are clinics that offer criminal law services:

Student Legal Service Organizations (SLSO)

Student legal aid clinics are staffed by law students who are supervised by lawyers. These clinics are part of the law schools at:

  • Lakehead University (Thunder Bay)
  • Queen's University (Kingston)
  • University of Ottawa
  • University of Toronto
  • University of Windsor
  • Western University (London)
  • York University (Toronto)

If your income is low and the crime is minor, these clinics may be able to help you. They usually don't help with cases where jail time is likely.

Youth Services

Justice for Children and Youth helps young people who live in Ontario with legal matters, including charges under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. They give free confidential legal advice to youth who are under 18 and youth under 25 who are homeless. Call toll-free 1-866-999-5329 or 416-920-1633 in Toronto.

Hide this website