Do I have to deposit cash to get bail?

3. Deposit the cash with the court

If the court decides you must leave a cash deposit, your can make the deposit for you. If you do not have a surety, you may need to hire a lawyer or ask to make arrangements with a friend or family member to deposit funds on your behalf. You will not be released from until the cash is deposited with the court.

Depending on the jurisdiction where you're , you may be able to make a cash deposit by using a credit card or paying in cash at the office of the justice of the peace. You will be given a receipt.

Hide this website