What is a case conference in my family case and what happens at one?Updated September 1
Question & AnswerWhat is a case conference in my family case and what happens at one?
2. Fill out your forms
Before your , you have to fill out Form 17A: Case Conference Brief. In it, you:
- give some information about your family
- give details about your financial situation
- list the issues you and your partner agree on
- list the issues you and your partner don't agree on
- list the issues you want to talk about at the conference and include facts you think the judge needs to know
- include your ideas on how you and your partner can agree on the issues
If there are procedural issues, you list them for the judge in your case conference brief. For example, the judge can set a schedule or timetable for the next steps before trial and set dates by when you and your partner have to share documents.
You may also have to give the court updated financial statements if they are more than 60 days old. You have to fill out, , and one of the following:
- A new Form 13: Financial Statement or Form 13.1: Financial Statement, if there has been a major change to your financial situation.
- A Form 14A: Affidavit, if there is no change or only minor changes to the last you filed. You must include details on all the changes.
You also have to fill out Form 13A: Certificate of Financial Disclosure. In it, you list all the documents that prove what you said in your financial statement.