What is collaborative family law?
Question & AnswerWhat is collaborative family law?
2. Find a collaborative family law lawyer
Before hiring your lawyer see if they:
- have experience dealing with cases like yours in a collaborative law process
- listen to you
- make you feel comfortable and not rushed
- explain things in a way you can understand
- answer your questions
- give advice based on your situation
- answer your calls within a few days
- tell you what their fees are
- accept a Legal Aid Certificate, if you have one
- can work with a disability you may have
- can speak a language you understand or help you find an interpreter, if you need one