3. Decide if there are reasons for less support
Question & AnswerHow much child support must be paid?
Sometimes a parent may not have to pay or may pay less than the table amount of child support.
The court looks at the facts of your case to see if:
- the parent is a step-parent
- there is a parenting arrangement like or , which used to be called and
- the payor parent has or financial difficulties that make it very hard for them to pay child support
- there is a child over the age of majority, which means 18 years old or older