2. Get legal help

It's always best to get legal advice about eviction problems.

If you have a low income, you can call your local community legal clinic and try to make an appointment to discuss your situation. Be sure to tell the clinic if you have an eviction hearing scheduled.

If you can't get help from a community legal clinic, you can contact the Law Society Referral Service to arrange a free half hour consultation with a lawyer or licensed paralegal. Or you can contact JusticeNet, a non-profit organization that can connect you with a lawyer or licensed paralegal who has agreed to work for reduced fees.

And, if it's a no-fault eviction, you can get free legal help from the Canadian Centre for Housing Rights.

Hide this website