What if I or my guests damage the place I am renting?

2. Read the notice for details about your landlord’s damage claim

If your landlord thinks you or your guests caused damage, they can give you an on a Form N5 – Notice to End your Tenancy for Interfering with Others, Damage or Overcrowding. If your landlord thinks the damage was done on purpose, they might decide to give you a Form N7 – Notice to End your Tenancy for Causing Serious Problems in the Rental Unit or Residential Complex instead of an N5.

The form must give you information about the damage your landlord says you are responsible for. There must be enough details for you to know if it is something you or your guests did. These details should be on page 2 of the Form N5, or on page 1 of the Form N7.

Hide this website