3. Get legal advice

If you believe you have been discriminated against, speak with a lawyer about your situation as soon as possible. You can get free legal advice and information from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre. It does not matter how much money you make.

The Centre can help you figure out:

  • if your situation might be
  • if you or an advocate can convince the landlord to rent to you
  • if you should make a claim with the of Ontario
  • what might help you prove that a landlord discriminated against you

The Centre also helps people apply to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. In some cases, the Centre can offer legal representation at the Tribunal.

You can also use the Centre's online tool Can we help you? to see if you can make a claim.

Hide this website