I’m making an H&C application. What evidence do I need?
Question & AnswerI’m making an H&C application. What evidence do I need?
3. Get evidence about what would happen if you had to leave Canada
You may be able to use that helps to show why you should not be forced to leave Canada. For example, you may be able to get evidence of what would likely happen to you if you had to return to your country.
Evidence about hardship
Reports or evidence from experts about hardship in your country might help support a . For example, the reports or evidence might show:
- how culture or customs could affect your safety or well-being
- how you’ll be discriminated against or treated badly because of your race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation, or for some other reason
- that there is not adequate medical care for a condition that you or your child has been diagnosed with
- that there are no supports for people who have a disability that you or your child live with
- that victims of abuse are not protected
A lawyer may be able to help get this kind of evidence for you.