3. Get legal help if you have a problem with OW

Can someone from Ontario Works come to my home without telling me before they come?
This question has an answer and 3 steps

3. Get legal help if you have a problem with OW

If Ontario Works (OW) does not follow the rules about home visits, you may want to get legal help.

If you disagree with a decision that OW makes, it's important to get help as soon as possible.

There may be things you can do. For example, you may be able to appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal (SBT). The SBT is not part of OW and has the power to make a different decision.

Where to get help

Talk to a community legal clinic if you disagree with an OW decision. The clinic may be able to help you appeal the decision.

If you need legal help that a clinic can't give you, they may be able to refer you to someone who can. For example, if OW calls the police because they think you're guilty of fraud, you need a criminal lawyer.

You May Also Need

Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Parlez Français