4. Learn about your right to appeal a decision

Beware of scams

People have been getting phone calls with a pre-recorded message telling them their Ontario Works account has been deleted.

This is a scam to trick you into sharing your personal information. If you get a call like that, hang up the phone. You can report these calls to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.

If Ontario Works (OW) refuses to give you , reduces it, or cuts it off, you may be able to appeal the decision.

Ask OW for the decision in writing right away.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the OW office that made the decision and ask for an .

After you've asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the .

Getting help

Talk to a community legal clinic if you disagree with what OW decides. The clinic may be able to help you appeal the decision.

Hide this website