What happens to my ODSP when I turn 65?

Get the GAINS payment

The Guaranteed Annual Income System (GAINS) payment is a monthly amount that comes from the Ontario government. The government gives it to some people who:

  • have a low , and
  • get the and the .

You don't apply for GAINS. When you apply for the GIS, the Government of Canada gives information to the Ontario government. Then they decide if you qualify for GAINS.

Send in your income tax returns each year

To get the GAINS payment, you have to get GIS. And you have to apply for the GIS each year.

The best way to do this is to send in your income tax return by April 30 each year.

The government uses the information in your annual income tax return to decide if you still qualify for GIS and GAINS.

Hide this website