Can I use Ontario’s online Child Support Service?

You and your partner may be able to use the Ontario government's online Child Support Service to set up .

The service can be used to set up child support only if all of these things are true:

  • You and your partner both agree to use the service.
  • You and your partner give information about your income or agree to let the Canada Revenue Agency share your income tax returns with the service.
  • You, your partner, and the children the support is for, live in Ontario.
  • All the children the support is for are younger than 17.5 years and not .
  • You do not have  or , which used to be called  or .
  • You do not have a  or  dealing with child support.
  • The parent paying child support does not earn the types of income listed in Step 1.

Usually, the service is used to set up child support in simple cases where the table amount applies. But it can also be used for some .

Step 2 explains what table amount means and what these special or extraordinary expenses are.

You cannot use the service to ask for child support for any time in the past.

Using the income information on your income tax returns or pay stubs, the service calculates how much child support must be paid and sends you and your partner a . You must follow the Notice as if it was a court order.

You can talk to a lawyer about whether you should use the service.


You and your partner each have to pay a fee of $80 every time you use the service to set up or update child support. This fee is non-refundable. This means you cannot get it back if the service cannot calculate your child support. So make sure that you meet the conditions and have all the information you need before you start.

If your and your partner's incomes are low enough, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. If you qualify, it means you do not pay this fee.

You do not have to apply separately for a fee waiver. The service will automatically waive your fees based on your answers to certain questions in the online application.

If you cannot use the service

There are other ways to set up child support if you do not meet the conditions to use the service. If you and your partner agree on child support, you can make a separation agreement.

If you do not agree, you can try alternative dispute resolution, or you can go to court.

Hide this website