How can I get out of my rental agreement?
You may want to move out before the end of your or when it's too late to give enough . In these situations, there are things you can do to avoid owing more rent:
- get your landlord to agree to end your
- find another tenant to take over your place ( or )
- give notice if your landlord refuses to let you assign
- get the (LTB) to end your tenancy
You also might be able to leave early if it is no longer possible to live there. For example:
- there is a serious danger to your health or safety
- your place is not fit to live in because your landlord won’t do repairs
- your landlord is harassing you
In these situations, you might want to file an to ask the LTB to end your tenancy.