How do I change a claim I filed with the Small Claims online service?

Because of COVID-19, the Small Claims Court has changed some of its processes. You can learn more in the question: How is Small Claims Court handling cases during COVID-19?

You might be able to change a claim you made using the Small Claims Court e-filing service.

Changing your claim is called amending. There is no fee to amend your claim. But you can only amend your claim online if you haven't served it on the person or business you're suing.

If you've already served your claim on the , you may be able to amend your claim in person at the courthouse using paper forms.

Legal help

If you earn a low income, you may be able to get legal help from Pro Bono Ontario. They offer services in some court locations in Toronto and Ottawa, and a legal advice hotline where you can get up to 30 minutes of free legal advice.

Hide this website