I have a disability and I was abused in the past. What can I do about it now?

1. Learn about the Victim Quick Response Program+

The Victim Quick Response Program+ (VQRP+) is an Ontario government program that may pay for certain expenses you have if you've been a victim of a crime.

For more information about the VQRP+, read the question “I’m a crime victim. Can I get money for expenses related to the crime?“.

If you're on social assistance, you must report any money that you get from the VQRP+. Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) might include this money when calculating your income. It's a good idea to get legal advice if you make a claim while you're getting social assistance.

Hide this website