How does my partner’s bankruptcy affect me?
Question & AnswerHow does my partner’s bankruptcy affect me?
1. Talk to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
If your partner is bankrupt, they will be working with a . The trustee can help you and your partner understand if you have joint and how a will affect you both.
A trustee can:
- give you advice about your financial situation
- help you figure out what your and debts are worth
- help your partner decide whether to file for bankruptcy
- talk about options other than bankruptcy, including a
- guide your partner through filing a consumer proposal
- guide your partner through the bankruptcy process