I’m having problems with my service provider. What should I know?

3. Decide whether to complain or sue

If you have not been able to resolve the problem with your service provider, you can complain to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS).

The CCTS handles complaints against cellphone providers. They can help you with many problems, including situations where your service provider:

  • is not giving you the services they promised in the contract
  • is not following the contract, for example, by billing you too much
  • is not helping you replace or repair your phone
  • has given you a contract that you cannot understand
  • will not unlock a locked phone
  • has wrongly suspended or disconnected your service

You can fill out this questionnaire to see if your complaint is something the CCTS can help you with.

For information about what the CCTS can't help with, see here. If the CCTS can't help you solve your problem, they will try to direct you to someone who can. You can also sue the service provider in Small Claims Court.

Hide this website