Can I be fired without any notice?
Question & AnswerCan I be fired without any notice?
4. Keep track of your job search
If you're fired, keep track of everything you do to find another job. This can help you get the most notice possible if you sue your employer in court and win. You may also need to do this if you're applying for benefits. See Step 5.
The court may reduce the amount of notice they order your employer to give you if you can't show you've been looking for another job.
So it's a good idea to make notes of everything you do to help find a job including:
- looking for job postings online and in newspapers
- contacting people about jobs
- getting help from employment agencies
- applying for jobs by phone, online, or in person
- going to job interviews
- improving your skills