Call the Ministry of Labour Health and Safety Contact Centre

If your employer does not have a policy on workplace violence, or if they're not following their policy, you can call the Ministry of Labour Safety Contact Centre at 1-877-202-0008 to make a complaint.

You can call them at any time. You can make your complaint without giving your name. And, you don't have to talk to your supervisor about the problem first.

The Ministry of Labour sends an investigator to your workplace. The investigator may talk to you, other workers, or your employer to find out what happened.

The investigator won't make a decision about what happened to you. And they can't order your employer to follow their own policies or programs.

The investigator can only look at whether your employer has followed the law. They decide whether your employer's way of dealing with workplace violence complaints is good enough. If not, they can order your employer to:

  • write a policy, if there isn't one
  • create a new policy or make changes to the policy they have
  • follow the policy

Your employer is not allowed to punish you for making a complaint.

Hide this website