Think about calling the police

If you or someone else is in immediate danger, you can call the police.

If someone assaults or threatens you at work, they have committed a . It does not matter whether they are a co-worker or a member of the public.

The police look into what happened and decide whether to charge the person. If you saw what happened, or if you called the police, they may want you to give a statement about this.

If someone in your workplace is hurt because of workplace violence, your employer must call for medical help or the police right away.

They may also need to contact the Ministry of Labour Health and Safety Contact Centre at 1-877-202-0008. The Ministry of Labour may send an investigator to your workplace.

Hide this website