Learn your options if your employer violates your human rights

If you're in a , you're also covered by human rights laws. For most workers in Ontario, Ontario's Human Rights Code applies. For workers in federal industries, the Canadian Human Rights Act applies.

And if your complaint is about something that goes against your human rights, you might be able to make a human rights claim instead of using the process in your . Or you might be able to do both.

Getting help

You should talk to your union representative. But you might also want to get legal advice to help you decide what to do.

If you think an employer discriminated against you, you may be able to get free legal advice and information from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre.

Hide this website