What is an offer to settle in a family court case?

3. Accept the offer

If you or your partner are going to accept an offer made by the other, you must do this before the judge makes a decision about the issues in the offer.

If you or your partner accept an offer, you put the terms of the offer into a written document and you both sign it. This document is called a consent agreement or . They can be handwritten and signed or typed and signed.

In your agreement, list the orders you agree on.

Next, you or your partner ask the court to put your agreement into a called a . You do this by bringing a motion on consent.

Hide this website