How do I adopt a child in Ontario?
Question & AnswerHow do I adopt a child in Ontario?
3. Take an adoption course if required
You must take a parent training course for every type of adoption except a family adoption where the child being adopted also lives in Ontario. This course is called PRIDE (Parent Resources for Information, Development and Education). It teaches you:
- how adoption works
- how to deal with issues related to parenting an adopted child
- how neglect, lack of stimulation, abuse, and living in an institution can affect children
- how important a child’s culture and heritage are
- how important it is for a child to have connections and continuity
The course is 27 hours long.