What if I have family court and criminal court at the same time?
Question & AnswerWhat if I have family court and criminal court at the same time?
4. Make a safety plan
If you’re afraid of your partner, you should think about making a safety plan to keep you and your children safe.
Your can include things like:
- an emergency escape plan
- a code word to use with your children so they know when to run to safety and call for help
- things to pack in an emergency bag if you need to leave home quickly
- a list of important documents to set aside or copy
- asking neighbours or friends to call the police if they hear fighting or loud noises, or if they see anything suspicious
- learning the telephone number of a local shelter
You can also find support to help you make your safety plan.