If you were married outside Canada

If you were outside of Canada, contact the government where you were married to get a copy of your marriage certificate.

Ask to have your original marriage certificate or a certified copy sent to you.

If your marriage certificate isn't in English or French, you must have it translated by a certified translator. Ask the translator to give you an Affidavit of Translation.

Hide this website