Can I appeal a decision about my mental health?
Question & AnswerCan I appeal a decision about my mental health?
Apply to the Consent and Capacity Board
The Consent and Capacity Board (CCB) handles many different types of issues. For example, the Board:
- reviews your ability to make decisions about your health care
- decides whether you need to be held in a
- decides who should be responsible for making your health-care decisions for you if you can't make them for yourself
- reviews your Community Treatment Order
The CCB website has more information about what the Board can review.
Fill out and send your application
It's usually best to get a lawyer or Rights Advisor to help you fill out your application.
Application forms are available on the CCB website. It doesn't cost any money to submit an application.
You can send your application to the CCB by:
- email at email@example.com
- fax at 416-327-4207
- mail or in person at 151 Bloor Street West, 10th Floor, Toronto, ON M5S 2T5
If you have questions, you can call the Board at 1-866-777-7391.
Because of COVID-19, the Consent and Capacity Board (CCB) has changed some of its processes. For example, the way it receives documents, holds hearings, and the deadline to get evidence.
You have to send your application and all documents related to a hearing to the CCB only by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- fax to 1-866-777-7273.
For more information, visit the CCB website.