Can I change my lock or add a new lock?

3. Call an inspector

If your landlord does not fix the problem, you can call your local property standards or department, or your town or city hall, municipal office, or local councillor. Many cities, towns, and other municipalities have inspectors who can order your landlord to repair or replace locks and security systems that don't meet their standards.

If there are no inspectors or housing standards by-laws where you live, you can call the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU) at 1-888-772-9277.

Hide this website