3. Call the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit

If the problem continues, you can contact the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU). The RHEU is a government service that tries to make sure landlords and tenants follow the law.

You can contact the RHEU at:

Toll-free Phone Line: 1-888-772-9277
Toll-free Fax Line: 1-866-321-4127

Sometimes landlords will change their behaviour when someone from the RHEU contacts them.

Hide this website